Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blossoming Beans



Bean patch with cedar poles

Our Blue Lake Pole Beans and Cherokee Trail of Tears Beans are growing high, blossoming, and setting beans. I have to admit that I sorely underestimated how high pole beans can grow, as my sister and I placed only  2 ft bamboo poles alongside them. Our Dad had some 7 ft cedar poles lying around that he wasn't using which are accommodating the bean plants heights much better than the bamboo ones did.

Cherokee Trail of Tears Blossoms


Cherokee Trail of Tears Beans

 The Cherokee Trail of Tears blossom beautifully with lovely purple flowers and their beans look to be green with purplish hues. The Blue Lake Pole Beans are a little bit behind, so I don't know what their blossoms look like yet. They had buds though, which is an excellent sign!

Blue Lake Pole buds

I can't wait to get a nice harvest of these beans. We will probably eat them all fresh, but if we find our harvest to be very prolific, we might dry some too.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment