Friday, July 29, 2011

Tomatoes



Now that our tomatoes have grown bigger, I have finally been able to get some decent pictures of them. The above two pictures are of one of the Cherokee Purple plants. So far, I think I've counted around five or six tomatoes on each Cherokee Purple plant, but the two in the pictures above are the largest so far.

Below, you can see two pictures of our Green Zebra tomato plants. Each of the three plants have at least five tomatoes on them, and Jennifer and I are beginning to notice the stripes. There are plenty of blossoms, so we are checking excitedly every day to see if anymore have set.



Our best producers so far have undoubtedly been the Yellow Pear tomato plants. One of the plants is already reaching the top of the cage, and I think between the two plants I must have counted nearly seventy tomatoes, and I'm sure there are many more to come.



Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment